Counsellor (Community Based) - The Counselling Centre
Department of Counselling Services
March 9, 2018
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
58842.00 - 73500.00
Contract - Experienced
Mental Health/Social Services
The Department of Counselling Services is looking to fill a vacancy within a small team of experienced therapists who deliver high quality; evidence based community based treatment services at The Counselling Centre in Grand Cayman . Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: -Conducting comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments on clients who present for services; -Developing individualised treatment plans in conjunction with clients, evaluating their progress towards achieving stated goals, and modifying as necessary; -Offering individual, couples, family and group therapy sessions using a client centered approach. -Completing relevant file documentation, including reports -Providing clinical monitoring and appropriate direction to trainees or interns. Client populations include persons experiencing difficulties as a result of trauma, addiction, family and relationship difficulties, mental health issues and individual psycho-social problems. Post holder will assume responsibility for a caseload averaging 35-50 clients depending on the demand, which should generate a minimum of 25 direct client contacts per week, in addition to requiring case management and care coordination.
The successful applicant should possess the following: -A Master’s Degree in a Social Science, and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct client contact employing a client centred approach; -Well-developed Individual and group therapy skills are required -Experience working with mandated clients would be an asset. -Knowledge of co-occurring disorders, and experience working with dually diagnosed clients would also be considered an asset. -Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to develop proper case documentation. -Cross cultural experience would also be considered an asset.
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: 12% Pension Contributions fully funded; Health insurance for employee and dependents fully covered by employer.
Internal Number: CCB3/2018
About Department of Counselling Services
• The Department of Counselling Services is the agency within the Cayman Islands Government that provides high quality, cost-effective treatment services in the Cayman Islands. The Department is comprised of four distinct agencies.
• The Counselling Centre (TCC) provides community-based counselling services to residents of Grand Cayman who may require assistance with a variety of life challenges including drug and alcohol issues, family and relationship difficulties, a history of trauma, mental health or issues related to personal growth and development.
• These services are provided to residents of the Sister Islands through Brac Haven – Sister Islands Counselling Centre;
• Caribbean Haven Residential Centre located in Breakers, Grand Cayman offers intensive substance abuse treatment to all residents in the Cayman Islands that is tailored to the needs of adult male and female clients.
• The Family Resource Centre offers parenting skills programmes, parent coaching by certified coaches, psycho-educational workshops, crisis intervention and advocacy to victims of family violence, and spearheads public awareness campaigns aimed to strengthen families and individuals and provide the foundation for a healthy society.