- BSN required; Master's degree preferred
- 5-10 years' increasingly responsible experience in nursing, nursing supervision, nursing education and nursing leadership
- Hospice or home health experience preferred
- Active Florida RN license
- Advanced Practice certification in Hospice & Palliative Care Nursing preferred (or will obtain)
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Able to travel to off-site locations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Joint Commission standards, AHCA and Conditions of Participation
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing standards and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of evidence based practice, research utilization and professional development principles
- Knowledgeable about information technologies related to clinical practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and to effectively handle the emotional stress of the workload
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Satisfactorily completes competency requirements for this position
Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the organization professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients
- Comply with all state, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse
- Comply with company policies, procedures and standard practices
- Observe company health, safety and security practices
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the organization
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner
- Promote the organization through participation in community and professional organizations
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level
- Advance electronic media skills
- Support company research and educational activities
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position
Leadership Success Factors:
- Express thoughts and ideas clearly. Adapt communication style to fit audience.
- Originate action to achieve goals.
- Management Identification. Identify with and accept the problems and responsibilities of management.
- Make realistic decisions based on logical assumptions, factual information and in consideration of organizational resources.
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling. Work with others to establish a course of action for staff to accomplish specific goals.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding others toward task accomplishment.
- Work Standards. Set high goals and standards of performance for self and others. Compel others to perform.
- Tolerance for Stress. Maintain stability of performance under pressure and/or opposition.
- Generate and/or recognize imaginative, creative solutions in work related situations.
- Allocate decision making and other responsibilities effectively and appropriately.
- Staff Development. Develop the skills & competencies of Nurse Consultants.
- Organizational Sensitivity. Perceive the impact and implications of decisions on various components of the organization.
- Model highest standards of conduct and ethical behavior, adopting a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Regulatory Compliance. Educate and monitor organizational nursing practice for regulatory compliance. Fully knowledgeable of the hospice conditions of participation regulations.
Nursing Practice/Hospice Care
- Plans for, identify, develop and puts in place practices, programs, and structures to improve the quality, safety, effectiveness and consistency of the organization's system of providing nursing care.
- Develops and establishes nursing care policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Works with medical staff to help assure a smooth integration of nursing and medical practices.
- Insures regular audits and reviews of nursing processes and practices are conducted and reported.
- Acts as a role model for professional practice by integrating all components of the professional role: clinical practice, consultation, collaboration, leadership, education, research / evaluation.
- Provides expert interpretation of nursing policies, guidelines, processes, procedures, standards and regulations for management and staff.
- Collaborates with organization leaders to plan for, identify, develop and put in place structure, practice, and programs to improve the quality, safety effectiveness and consistency of the Organization's system of providing nursing care. Participates in professional organizations to advance the nursing profession and improve healthcare delivery to patients (i.e., ONS, HPNA, FNA, etc.).
Research and Development
- Collaborates with all disciplines within the organization and community to develop effective nursing and clinical programs.
- Assesses nursing developmental needs collaboratively with the Chief Clinical Officers and Associate Vice President-Clinical Services and strategically plans programs and processes for identified needs.
- Supports nursing research to promote clinical knowledge, development and research-based clinical practice.
- Evaluates current research findings and determine efficiency in practice setting.
- Provides expertise and leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of standards of practice within the hospice specialty.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Integration department to identify and participate in designing applications, programs and reports to meet current and future needs of the nursing staff.
- Implements an effective, ongoing program to measure and assess the quality of nursing care; identifies risks and prioritizes areas for improvement; recommends solutions.
- Leads and collaborates with other management team members to plan, promote and conduct performance improvement activities.
- Chair/participates in appropriate committees.
- Participates in complex, high risk patient care issues collaboratively with medical and other professional clinical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
At Chapters Health System, our team members thrive in an environment that fosters teamwork and professional growth. Our location offers the perfect Florida lifestyle to promote the ideal work / life balance. We reward each employees’ talent with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.