The Bureau of TB Control requests the job opening of one X-Ray Technician Level-III. The mission of the Bureau of Tuberculosis Control is to prevent the spread of tuberculosis and to eliminate it as a public health problem in New York City. The goals to achieve this mission are twofold: 1) To identify all individuals with suspected or confirmed TB disease and ensure appropriate treatment; 2) ensure that individuals at high risk for progression from TB infection to TB disease are identified and treated for TB infection and do not develop TB disease.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Plan, coordinate and direct work of radiology technologists and other subordinate personnel in conformity with instructions and decisions of a radiologist or medical doctor.
-Prepare and present work performance evaluation to supervised staff.
- Perform quality assurance and improvement activities as related to computed radiography (CR)and PACS technologies.
- Make recommendations for upgrade/improvements or replacements of radiology equipment.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for radiology technologist to ensure staffing coverage at the TB chest centers.
- Assist with identifying and developing training programs to keep the technologists abreast of changes in the field particularly as it relates to the use of CR PACS and Synapse.
- Inspect installation of new equipment to ensure proper functionality and identify training needs.
- Provide emergency back-up to deliver x-ray services during unplanned technologist absences.
- Provide guidance and demonstration concerning unusual problems and/or new/revised techniques and procedures.
- Approve requisitions for equipment, supplies and repairs, and approve contracts(s) for X-ray Tech temp personnel.
- Assist with the development of protocols for best practices.
- Keep records and prepare standard and/or special reports as required including analytic report of X-ray service performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qual Requirements:
A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, and a valid license as a General Radiological Technologist issued by the State of New York. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment in this title.
1. For appointment to Assignment Level III, in addition to meeting the above requirement, all candidates must have two years of satisfactory, full-time experience as an X-Ray Technician, which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience with a picture archiving communication system (PACS)
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Possess a valid license as a General Radiological Technologist issued by the State of New York
- Valid New York State Driver's License
Apply online with a cover letter to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID # 278608