Discover a unique and leading-edge environment for outstanding pediatric care.
Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital is seeking pediatric genetic counselors to join our well-established and growing team. In this challenging and rewarding position, you will provide inpatient and outpatient counseling to patients with a variety of genetic conditions at our hospital, as well in a variety of settings that include our general genetics, neurofibromatosis, maternal-fetal and inborn-errors-of-metabolism clinics. Our team includes four board-certified/eligible clinical geneticists (including a dysmorphologist and inborn errors geneticist), a genetic counselor, two metabolic dietitians and a dedicated genetics nursing staff.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient consultations for a variety of indications with children and adults
- Implement clinical research in partnership with the Children’s Foundation Research Institute and the University of Tennessee
- Be involved in teaching and facilitating genetics education among pediatric residents, medical students and fellows from various subspecialties, as well as nursing students and allied health providers
- Establish an institutional utilization management program for ordering genetic testing
- Master of Science in Genetic Counseling
- Board-eligible/board-certified through the American Board of Genetic Counseling
- Tennessee licensure or temporary license obtained prior to start date
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
About Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital
Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital is a Magnet® designated hospital and has been named a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report for six consecutive years. Le Bonheur is the primary teaching affiliate for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, hosts a Level IV accredited epilepsy program and is home to the region's only Level 1 pediatric trauma program.
We are a 255-bed pediatric facility that provides care to children from West Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and across the country. Le Bonheur also provides care in 45 pediatric subspecialties, including partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. We are part of Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare.
About Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare (MLH)
For the sixth year in a row, Methodist’s Memphis hospitals have been recognized as the best regional hospitals in the Memphis metro area by U.S. News & World Report. MLH has also been acknowledged by the Great Place to Work and Fortune magazine in a number of categories, including #1 Best Workplace for African Americans, #8 Best Workplace in Healthcare, #18 Best Workplace for Women, #19 Best Workplace to Retire From and #21 Best Workplace for Diversity.
Ask any member of our team, and they will tell you that working at MLH is inspiring and rewarding, both professionally and personally. They’ll speak of our Power of One culture and the personal commitment each of us makes to put patients and families first, live our values, work as one and embrace new ways to get better results. And they will mention the close relationships they develop, the collaboration they cherish and the support they receive from leaders and peers. Our Memphis location has all the amenities that come with being the 23rd largest city in the U.S., but with a cost of living more than 15 percent below the national average.
For more information, contact Roya Mostafavi at 901-828-2179 or apply online at: