Providence is calling a Orthopedic Care Technician I to the Orthopedics Unit at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Orthopedic Care Technician I will assist patients with activities of daily living and selective procedures delegated and communicated by licensed RN, including application of various orthopedic equipment/traction/braces, and indicated patient education regarding use and maintenance of same. This position does NOT perform casting procedures. These activities focus on maintaining a safe, hazard free, clean environment which facilitates patient focused care.
In this position you will:
- Perform duties to assist in activities of daily living such as bathing, ambulating, and nourishment. Obtain clean catch and other types of urine samples, perform point-of–care testing to include blood glucose, transports and/or escort patients.
- Demonstrate patient "Rounding" as defined by unit/hospital policy.
- Electronically document information in an accurate, concise and timely manner.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients, families, and co-workers.
- Observe patients closely for changes in their health condition and respond by informing RN immediately.
- Apply splints, braces, traction, assistive orthopedic devices as ordered by physician and directed by RN.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or GED.
- Completion of nurse aide training program or six (6) months of nurse aide experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Orthopedic specific certification.
- Previous orthopedic experience.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Alaska Medical Center's Orthopedic Unit is a 36-bed unit, providing orthopedic care for elective procedures and admission, injuries, and major multi-trauma. There are two levels of care: Regular medical/surgical care and high level of intermediate care that includes bedside cardiac monitors and telemetry. Nurse to patient ratio varies depending upon acuity and the patient level of care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide (non licensed)
Req ID: 147535