Providence is calling a Physical Therapy Assistant to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant to deliver physical therapy services according to the plan of care described by a Physical Therapist and/ordered by a physician licensed in the State of Alaska.
In this position you will:
- Provide physical therapy to residents under the direction of a Physical Therapist as prescribed by a physician licensed in the state of Alaska.
- Document progress toward goals in the medical record according to facility guidelines.
- Provide resident, family and staff education in a variety of settings.
- Implement care/services that recognize age/ diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate degree program in Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Current license from the state of Alaska as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year of clinical experience with physical disabilities.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Therapy & Therapy Support
Req ID: 146589