Providence is calling a Medical Assistant to Providence Medical Group in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to support the delivery of cost-effective, clinically competent, reliable healthcare in a safe, respectful manner that ensures patient respect and dignity. He or she will manage heavy patient flow to ensure that patient appointment demands are met and services are available as requested or needed and will work with front desk staff in the coordination of appointments and patient needs as they arise.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for practitioner; obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem.
- Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education; assess patients and communicate urgent patient needs to the practitioner.
- Anticipate the needs of the patient and the practitioner during the exam; provide patient mobility assistance as necessary.
- Draw blood; perform EKGs, laboratory and x-rays, mini-cathertization; assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures.
- Insure patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests.
- Obtain body fluids as directed by practitioner; arrange for patient testing, referrals, and/or hospital admission as appropriate.
- With practitioner order, administer oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal medication / inoculations and discontinue IVs.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, patient, employee or medical center information at all times; ensure all information and conversations regarding patients are secured from general public access.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited school or other qualifying education.
- Current Medical Assistant License
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification issued by an American Heart Association accredited provider.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience in a physician setting preferred
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Snohomish County in more than 10 locations in scenic northwest Washington. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 142118