Swedish Medical Center is looking for Medical Assistant Licensed MA\-C \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in the Family Medicine Clinic at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA\.
The Medical Assistant plays a vital role on the patient care team, demonstrating the Swedish values of patient\-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion; teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement; and leadership\.
In this position you will:
- Greet and room patients in the clinic setting
- Obtain vital signs and gather pertinent patient information
- Provide patient education about procedures and medications as directed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation \(CPR\) certification or ability to obtain within one month of hire
- Ability to multi\-task and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum on one year of medical assisting experience in clinic setting
- Current Basic Life Support \(BLS\) certification
- Computer keyboard skills
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team\-oriented work environment\. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full\-service Emergency Department\. It is the site of Swedish's Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital\-based drug\- and alcohol\-treatment programs in Seattle\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 149701