2. Oversees case assignment process of Social Workers.
3. Monitors overall performance and quality of care delivered by Social Work Staff.
4. Coordinates Social Work programming with overall clinical and hospital programs.
5. Participates in hospital Performance Improvement initiatives. Provides education training and support to department staff to enable them to be an integral part of P1.
6. Coordinates the activities and functions of the department.
7. Oversees implementation of established standards for social work competence and reviews/approves staff in areas of clinical competence. Has input in determining performance standards, conducts performance reviews, has input into hiring new employees, and on disciplinary action as necessary.
8. Participates in hospital wide Performance Improvement activities including data collection related to aftercare planning. Is a member of the Psychiatrist in Chief's daily Discharge Planning/UM Rounds.
9. Supervises the Social Work Assistant.
10. Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Clinical Services
11. May provide direct service to patients/families as defined in the job description for Clinical Social Worker.
12. Provides daily administrative and clinical supervision to Social Workers.
13. Maintains affiliation agreements with Social Work training institutions as necessary. May provide supervision of Social Work interns.
14. Provides training of Social Work staff and other hospital staff as indicated in areas of his/her expertise.
15. Is responsible for enhancing training of Social Work staff according to their training needs.
16. Provides administrative coverage in the absence of Director of Clinical Services.
17. Maintains a caseload of any inpatient social worker to provide coverage for vacations and staff absences.