You are in demand everywhere...but it pays to come here!
If you want to work in a premier hospital that wins awards, nurtures people, and tirelessly strives to advance care, you'll find your match at Jersey City Medical Center . Our not-for-profit hospital, a proud member of RWJBarnabas Health , has been honored time and again—for our strides in patient care and safety, and as the regional leader in specialties like cardiology, stroke, and trauma care.
As our status and patient volume continue to grow, we are adding talent to our organization
Among our many accolades, we have been designated 8 times the only A-Rated for Safety Hospital, awarded Magnet Recognition for superior nursing, named Best Regional Hospital by US News and World Report and ranked among the 100 best places to work in healthcare (nationally). Jersey City Medical Center is also ideally located— in the vibrant Jersey City waterfront community overlooking the harbor, just 10 minutes from New York City, with a grand view of the Statue of Liberty.
The Mental Health Worker, Inpatient BH, provides care to patients and maintains a safe environment under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Group and individual patient supervision, facilitation of educational group activities, assisting with ADL's (i.e., Feeding, bathing, toileting, ambulating, etc.) & taking and recording vital signs. All methods of practice shall conform to written hospital policies and procedures and be carried out to the highest level of competence in a manner demonstrating concern and consideration. The Mental Health Worker/Inpatient BH will demonstrate the Barnabas Health philosophy of Total Quality Management by actively applying that philosophy in all dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Health Related Field
- BLS Certification, EKG & Phlebotomy validation by the end of Orientation (will be trained)
- Minimum one year experience, training or education in the field of treatment preferred
- Must possess excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician, EMT, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, EKG Tech or equivalent; or in a patient care setting is helpful
- Must be able to work every other weekend
RWJBarnabas Health offers excellent-provided benefits which include: competitive compensation, comprehensive medical/dental benefits, 403 (B) savings plan, Flexible Spending Plans, PTO program, tuition reimbursement and so much more.