Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed freestanding behavioral health hospital offering psychiatric care for adults and adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the facility is easily accessible to families throughout the Front Range and just minutes from surrounding communities.
The Outpatient Director is responsible for providing support to the day-to-day operations of the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program. The support includes but is not limited to: administrative functions such as marketing, program development, quality initiatives, clinical supervision, knowledge of regulatory requirements and providing direct patient care (facilitates groups, completes assessments, etc). This role may also assist in utilization review for patients enrolled in the program.
1. Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) makes routine employment decisions and supervises, coordinates, and evaluates the work of professional and non-professional clinical personnel.
2. Under the supervision of the CEO, schedules and assigns staff according to patient needs; guides and advises subordinates as necessary.
3. Coordinates with the Director of Business Development (DBD) and develops marketing plans for the outpatient programs.
4. Assists in operating the department within defined limitations; reports and exhibits variances.
5. Coordinates unit activities with medical Staff and other departments of the Hospital.
6. Maintains optimal standards of clinical care and constantly evaluates results.
7. Assists and maintains performance improvement program.
8. Provides clinical and administrative leadership.
9. Interacts with and assists in teaching staff.
10. Assumes responsibility for professional development and ongoing education.
11. Serves as a clinical resource person to staff members in their daily activities.
12. Complete psychosocial assessments.
13. Provide group therapy or co-lead groups.
14. Provide individual/family therapy sessions and crisis intervention.
15. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of clinical information to HMO/Insurance providers.
16. Provide social work consultations to physicians, nurses, other hospital staff members, patients, patient's relatives and coordinate with community agencies as appropriate.
17. Provides case management services to patients in PHP/IOP.
18. Provides discharge planning services to PHP/IOP patients as needed.
19. Attend appropriate meetings, workshops, and in-house trainings to maintain clinical skills and keep informed of community resources available.
20. Respond to calls and requests made by hospital physicians, intake and assessment personnel, nurses and other staff as needed.
21. Promotes safety by attending mandatory in-services and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility.