The LPN performs under the direction of a Registered Nurse in providing nursing care to assigned patients, utilizing basic understanding of psychiatric and personality disorders.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
1. Accurately collect data needed for the appropriate portion of the integrated assessment.
2. Take and record vital signs properly.
3. Observe for, and document changes in patient's appearance, behavior and ability to work toward treatment plan goals.
4. Communicate changes in patient's condition to the Charge Nurse.
5. Report signs and symptoms of infection in patients to the Charge Nurse.
6. Monitor each patient's behavior or location per Patient Observation Policy and Procedure.
1. Maintain awareness of patients' individualized plan of care including goals and interventions.
2. Provide information to the Charge Nurse that assists in the development and revision of the treatment plan.
3. Document the treatment plan, nursing interventions and the patient's response to the intervention.
1. Teach communication, interpersonal and social skills as well as the basic principles of physical health to the patient and significant others, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
2. Promote learning experiences and provides educational materials to patients and their families.
3. Re-enforce importance of medication compliance, and monitor compliance continuously.
4. Evaluate and documents the effectiveness of all patient teaching.
5. Provide opportunities for patients and families to question, discuss and explore their feelings about prescribed therapies/interventions/diagnosis.
1. Provide structure and maintains a therapeutic environment in collaboration with the patient and other health care providers.
2. Monitor patients and their therapeutic environment for changes in acuity and intervenes if needed in a timely fashion.
3. Assure patients are adequately oriented to the unit.
4. Monitor unit activities and encourages patient participation.
5. Act as a role model to promote good health and hygiene skills.
6. Report potential crisis situations to the Charge Nurse.
7. Consistently utilize universal precautions and environmental safety guidelines.
8. Maintain a safe environment by use of room checks.
9. Assist in structured didactic groups with patients and families and prescribes, delegates and coordinate nursing care to a group of patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
An engaging three-day event you won't want to miss.