Responsible for everyday operations and some administrative tasks. Performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding in all areas of respiratory care, assists in instructing other personnel as assigned, and performs a perceptive depth of respiratory care tests and procedures which require the exercise of independent judgement and responsibility. Strives to assure that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide direction and leadership in all areas of respiratory care for all staff employees.
2. Performs ventilator management, ABGs, aerosol treatments and other respiratory care duties.
3. Assists director with employee relations, scheduling staff, recommendations for hire, payroll functions, adherence to productivity standards and physician requests/inquiries.
4. Maintains QC and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
5. Assumes supervisory responsibility of department during absence of the director.