- Develop, coordinate and implement the delivery of developmentally appropriate play activities, expressive arts, and special events for pediatric patients and their families within the health care setting, both at the bedside and in playroom settings
- Serves as the child's advocate when collaborating with the healthcare team to determine suitable therapeutic interventions
- Utilizes expert knowledge of child development, family systems theories, and the developmental effects of stress and trauma on children to establish appropriate interventions to alleviate distress
- Promotes family-centered care and facilitates the strengthening of positive coping and resiliency skills within the healthcare setting
- Understands special needs of children with chronic or disabling conditions, with expertise in the use of play activities in a health care environment and in-depth knowledge of research regarding children in health care settings
- Bachelor's degree in Child Life, Child Development, Human Development, or related field
- Completion of Child Life internship required.
Internal Number: R-23893
About Sanford Health
Sanford Health, one of the largest health systems in the United States, is dedicated to the integrated delivery of health care, genomic medicine, senior care and services, global clinics, research and affordable insurance. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the organization includes 44 hospitals, 1,400 physicians and more than 200 Good Samaritan Society senior care locations in 26 states and nine countries. Nearly $1 billion in gifts from philanthropist Denny Sanford have transformed how Sanford Health improves the human condition. For information, visit sanfordhealth.org.