This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center's strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The Specialty OR Technician is responsible for providing surgical assistance in a safe, appropriate and effective manner under the direction of a Registered Nurse/MD, in compliance with the Specialty OR Technician standards of practice. It is not within the scope of practice of the Specialty OR Technician to perform beyond their stated scope of practice (e.g. assessment, evaluation of patient data, administration of medications), even when requested by a Surgeon. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to: provision of availability/maintenance of instruments, adherence to aseptic technique, advanced knowledge of surgical procedures and support to patient flow within department. Provides support and communicates directly with surgical team and supervisory staff. This position uses effective oral communication and participate in aspects of documentation. In addition, this position collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently perform all aspects of surgical techniques/procedures.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical information system and applies principles to patient documentation
3. Serves as a role model and assists new staff members.
4. Serves as a preceptor for new employees/students in the scrub role
5. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial and other sensitive material in printed, electronic or verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and or employees.
6. Demonstrates the ability to use good customer service skills by managing and acknowledging patient-family-significant other expectations.
7. Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and discretion.
8. Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
9. Ability to be at work and be on time.
10. Ability to follow company policies, procedures and directives.
11. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.