Oversee accreditation, data management, student advisement, student/alumni services, admissions, recruiting/retention, and marketing for students in the COAMFTE accredited Department of Marriage & Family Therapy. Duties include future student recruitment activities including MFT orientation sessions for prospective and current students; participate in development of advertising materials; coordinate fall and spring graduate admissions process; advise MFT graduate students regarding course schedule and state licensing requirements, and significantly contribute to maintaining the program’s national accreditation with the COAMFTE and the California Board of Behavioral Sciences through annual report writing, database management and tracking program educational outcomes and student and alumni progress in the field. Keep current of critical developments at the state, national, and professional organization levels pertaining to information relevant to the MFT degree and assist the MFT Department Chair in implementing program initiatives. Support special events such as new student orientation, graduate fairs, Communities of Interest Meetings, MFT Program Team, and MFT Alumni Advisory Board Meetings. Perform other duties as assigned.
MFT Program Coordination and Data Management
• Maintain up to date knowledge of COAMFTE accreditation standards and BBS laws/regulations governing the profession of Marriage & Family Therapy. • Oversee data management for current students and alumni to track MFT program educational outcomes, student census data, student demographics, curriculum offerings, financial aid, program fellowships, alumni employment and licensure exam pass rates. • Track, maintain and update changes from COAMFTE accreditation standards and BBS regulations as they occur. • Work with Chair to prepare annual reports for COAMFTE accreditation reports, University ALOAR reports and state licensure board requests to demonstrate compliance with standards and regulations. • Work actively with Department Chair to prepare re-accreditation eligibility/self-study reports and all follow up reports regarding accreditation status. • Work actively with Department Chair to facilitate re-accreditation site visits • Report on state-mandated and nationally accredited curriculum requirements for marriage and family therapy graduate programs to ensure program compliance with state and national regulations. • Coordinate and prepare data reports for MFT Communities of Interest Meetings. • Recommend and advise on course offerings, using knowledge of accreditation, licensure board requirements and student needs. • Organize and coordinate student clinical advancement examinations each semester. • Administer comprehensive examination, score exams, report to students on outcomes • Revise the MFT Policy and Procedures manual annually and distribute to students. • Participate in annual revision of the MFT graduate catalog and each semester’s class schedule. • Disseminate graduation exit survey, collate data, and present to faculty for evaluation of program outcomes • Prepare reports on expected student and program outcomes related to advancement to candidacy, comprehensive examinations, exit surveys, and alumni employment and licensure • Track graduates progress and assess satisfaction with jobs and clinical sites.
Admission, Student Recruitment, and Marketing
• Participate in the development and implementation of specific recruitment strategies that are in alignment with the University, Crean College and MFT Program’s mission and program Goals with the focus to increase enrollment in the program • Preparing and revising application materials to market programs to prospective students. • Contact and follow-up with applicants for MFT program, liaise with admissions, process applications through the Slate system. • Assist with coordinating and conducting information sessions for prospective students for MFT program in conjunction with the Department Chair and Admissions staff. • Counsel prospective students on MFT program policies and procedures and respond to inquiries for MFT program via phone, emails, correspondence, and meetings. • Conduct initial review and evaluation of new student applications for MFT program and provide initial admissions recommendation to MFTDepartment Chair and MFT faculty/staff involved in the interview process. • Prepare materials, attend, and exhibit at appropriate conferences and prospective student fairs. • Coordinate program recruitment process including scheduling candidate interviews, create agendas, organize travel and lodging arrangements, and track expenditures/reimbursements. • Work with Department Chair in providing meaningful results from analyzed admissions data, to recommend necessary enhancements or changes in the admissions process that will impact students’ success and retention in the MFT program. • Evaluate trends, systemic factors that influence enrollment decisions with prospective students and advocate for innovative recruitment and outreach strategies that attract competitive candidates to the program.
MFT Student Advisement and Student /Alumni Services
• Coordinate the transition from admittance to new student registration. • Provide data, coordinate, and participate in new student orientation sessions both individually and as a group. • Working with various campus departments to admit students to the program. Also work cross functionally with Registrar’s Office and Financial Aid to resolve new and current student issues. • Advise graduate students regarding program requirements, course scheduling.
Coordinate special events, meetings, and projects
• Plan and coordinate new student orientation, hooding ceremonies, Communities of Interest Meeting, and events coordinated by the department. • Coordinate and oversee New Student Orientation, Graduate Fairs, and Information Sessions. • Coordinate and support MFT Program Team, MFT Alumni Advisory Board and MFT Staff Meetings. • Organize and carry out special projects/events; may include the processing of forms, creation of separate databases, coordination of typed material, design of promotional materials, room reservations, catering arrangements, final resolution, and attendance at the event. • Support college events such as commencement.
• Master’s degree in Marriage & Family Therapy or related Mental Health Field. • Working knowledge and experience in the application and interpretation of laws and regulations from the California Board of Behavioral Sciences pertaining to the practice of marriage and family therapy. • Strong verbal communication skills with proven ability to share procedural information in a clear, accurate and concise manner; experience with public speaking and presentations. • Written skills to prepare clear and concise, grammatically correct business correspondence; strong editing and proofreading skills. • Strong skills in data management and interpretation for accreditation maintenance. • Strong written skills to prepare accreditation reports for COAMFTE, BBS and University ALOAR. • Proven ability to prepare clear, concise and grammatically correct documents, reports and correspondence. • Strong technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems such as Canvas, PeopleSoft, Concur and other university systems. • Proven ability to analyze data and propose solutions to problems utilizing critical thinking skills necessary for analysis and program project management. • Proven ability to comprehend a process and/or procedure and take a given task from the beginning to completion. • Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects. • Proven ability to work effectively and as a team member with other departments and university administration. • Strong commitment to student service. • Strong analytical skills to evaluate data, previous coursework/testing, anticipate and resolve problems, suggest alternatives and make decisions and/or recommendations as needed. • Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and administrators. • Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain a high level of confidentiality. • Active participation in the professional community with the ability to network. • Ability to plan, coordinate and execute logistics for events.
• A minimum of three years related experience in student recruitment, admissions, or registration, preferably at higher education institution. Prior related experience in marriage and family therapy program is desirable. • A minimum of three years related experience with national accreditation, specific to data base management, interpretation of data and strong writing skills for the preparation of accreditation reports • Working knowledge and experience in the application and interpretation of accreditation standards by the COAMFTE. • Proven ability and experience with Marriage & Family Therapy curriculum as well as industry knowledge as related to internships and careers in the field.
Internal Number: 20170921
About Chapman University
Chapman University is a nationally ranked institution offering traditional undergraduate and graduate programs in the heart of Orange County, one of Southern California’s most diverse and vibrant regions. The university achieved R2 status in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, a distinction held by just 10 percent of all U.S. universities. Our faculty include academic leaders who excel in research, publishing and world-class teaching in our 11 schools and colleges, including Crean College of Health and Behavioral Sciences. Dedicated to forward-looking, personalized education, we create an environment for unlimited achievement by both our students and faculty. More information about the university and Crean College of Health and Behavioral Sciences is available at https://www.chapman.edu/crean
The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University is available at https://www.chapman.edu/diversity.