Behavioral Health Counselor Adult Psych BH4 Per Diem
MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Location: Town of Natick, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 2105045086
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaâ��s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Charge Nurse, facilitates and provides psychiatric care of adult, adolescent, and/or child patients by planning and implementing milieu treatment, considering patient needs and therapeutic goals. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Functions as a milieu therapist to assigned patients, including collaborating with the nurse therapist to determine a milieu treatment approach, functioning as an active member of the multidisciplinary team, administering an initial psychological assessment, and providing consistent individual counseling focused on treatment goals during hospitalization. Participates in milieu therapy for patients on an individual or group basis. Leads or assists in milieu groups. Incorporates knowledge of each patient's condition and application of various therapeutic techniques; ensures appropriate participation by patients.
2. Collaborates with other unit staff in assessing and evaluating patient's mental status. Initiates and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients. Collaborates in the diagnosis and treatment of patients; shares information and participates in the formulation of treatment plans. Coordinates and implements various aspects of milieu environment to provide a therapeutic experience for patients. Collaborates with other staff members to determine whether a patient represents a risk to himself/herself and/or others. Works with other unit personnel with crisis intervention techniques.
3. Provides supportive care to patients, such as participating in conversation, recreational activities, and basic living activities. This may include assisting patients with bathing, eating, and other daily living activities. Sets limits, confronts counterproductive activities and behavior, and reassures and orients patients. Encourages and facilitates appropriate interactions between patients.
4. Records all appropriate information on patient charts; prepares regular reports describing each patient's mental status and functioning, as well as significant interactions. Reports and documents overt, covert, verbal, and non-verbal communications by patients.
5. Provides support and education to family members and significant others regarding the patient's status. Works with representatives of outside agencies in obtaining or disseminating information on individual patients. Participates in discharge planning and referral, if necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in psychology or a related field preferred
2. Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English).
3. BLS certificate preferred.
4. New hires with no BLS certificate will be required to obtain BLS within 3 months of start date.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Job: Behavioral Tech
Primary Location: Natick, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.