Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part-Time 2 shift/week, 9a-7:30p Weekdays & Every 3rd Weekend
Provides comprehensive art therapy assessment and treatment to assist patients in meeting treatment goals during admission. Responsible for assessing patient to determine psychosocial and developmental needs and facilitating expressive therapy-based education and adaptive coping strategies for patients. Helps to create and maintain a safe, non-judgmental, and therapeutic environment on the unit. Collaborates with other members of the multidisciplinary team to advocate and support patient mental health needs and provide insight into treatment plans. Maintains professional credentials.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, develops, and facilitates group therapy and individual intervention.
2. Conducts group and individual art therapy with inpatients.
3. Supervises volunteers and interns, if needed.
4. Participates in research and professional collaboration.
5. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise
1. Master's Degree in Art Therapy or related field.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
3. Experience working with children in individual and group-based interventions is essential. Experience in pediatric behavioral health setting is a plus.
4. Experience in multiple media preferred.
5. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
6. Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and excellent communication skills required.
7. Research experience preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master's degree in Art Therapy.
2. Certification: ATR accreditation preferred. Must be certified or registered by the National Expressive Therapist Association, American Arts Therapy Association, or another recognized state or national body. LPC preferred but not required.
3. Years of experience: 2 years
4. Years of experience supervising: N/A
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
* This position is performed in an office setting, with variable shift hours.
* Visual ability and acuity to interpret charts and manual ability to record and log data into a computer.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: