Behavioral Health Therapist LCSW MFT Full Time Days
Hi-Desert Medical Center
Location: Joshua Tree, California
Internal Number: 2105017698
Up to $10,000 Sign-On bonus based on experience
Full Time, 8 hour, Days
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
The Program Therapist primarily provides group facilitation, individual and family therapy and documentation within the context of the Behavioral Health and Mental Health setting.
1. Provides individual/family therapy assessments and on-going therapy as scheduled and as needed.
2. Provides group facilitation as scheduled.
3. Develops therapeutic relationships with patients in Program while maintaining good boundaries.
4. Knowledgeable about cross-cultural issues regarding patients and has ability to adapt to such. Ability to work with diverse backgrounds and DSM diagnosis.
5. Meets with individual patients for psychosocial assessment, groups and continued treatment as needed.
6. Provides thorough documentation of all individual/group sessions, treatment plans and up-dates meeting standards of medical necessity.
7. Completes all daily charge sheets for all sessions attended by patients.
8. Attends weekly treatment planning sessions as possible as an active member of the treatment team as appropriate. Reports on patientsâ�� progress or status and actively supports final team direction for patient care.
9. Assists with completion of the Discharge Aftercare Plan.
10. Assist with the coordination/management of all patients as time allows.
11. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations are attended to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise as well as fulfilling requirement mandated for education to retain license.
12. Participates in Program staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned. Attends all meetings as required.
13. Demonstrates competence in the care of children/transitional age youth, middle adult and geriatric adult (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patientâ��s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities. Patients are treated with sensitivity according to their needs and age. Patient Rights are respected.
â�¢ Prolonged sitting
â�¢ Occasional physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 pounds)
â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, bending
â�¢ Frequent computer use
â�¢ Occasional kneeling and crouching
â�¢ Exposed to emotionally distressed individuals who may need crisis intervention.
â�¢ Primarily office environment.
â�¢ Be punctual.
â�¢ Communicate well in writing.
â�¢ Work as a team member.
â�¢ Assume responsibility for work area.
â�¢ Maintain patient/rights confidentiality.
â�¢ Attend all mandatory meetings and inservices.
â�¢ Know and follow District regulations.
â�¢ Communicate well verbally.
â�¢ Have good attendance, punctuality.
Ability to tele commute.
â�¢ MFT, LCSW California Licensed or Licensed Associate Clinical Social Worker working toward LCSW licensure per State of California requirements.
â�¢ 2 years working with psychiatric patients
â�¢ Masters required
Job: Behavioral Tech
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.