**Up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment including CT.
1. Verifies patient identity and reviews patients medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure. Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators.
2. Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up.
3. Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script.
4. Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist. Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate.
5. Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients.
6. Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction.
7. Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees. Able to take call/standby as required by the department. May perform duties as a Radiologic Technologist, as needed.
8. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, delegate to others and facilitate processes.
9. Minimum Level 6 of the Promoting Excellence Performance Criteria, if an internal candidate, preferred.
10. BLS required, ACLS preferred.
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology (RT).
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (ACLS) within 6 months of hire for employees working in adult setting or Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification (PALS) within 1 year of hire for employees working in a cardiology setting.
4. One or more years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Shift Begin: 3:00 PMShift End: 11:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.