Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
PRN: As Needed
Location: Akron - PIRC
3 Shifts Per Month Required
$5,000 Sign-on bonus with 2-year commitment
The Mental Health Therapist applies graduate-level clinical counseling skills/social work to the psychosocial assessment of individuals, adolescents, families, and groups and provides graduate-level clinical social work/counseling interventions as appropriate to client needs in the context of the department.
- Conducts initial patient and family psychosocial assessment, and triages care accordingly.
- Communicates with staff regarding assessment, treatment and interdisciplinary care plan through documentation, and meetings such as patient rounds.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served.
- Ethical and timely completion of documentation as is expected in the context of the department.
- Consistent use of evidenced based trauma and risk assessment tools.
Outpatient Add On:
- Complete Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) interventions in additional to other clinical evidence-based treatment modalities to assist patient and families in the completion of their individualized service plans.
PHP/IOP Add On:
- Use of CBT and DBT (Dialectical Based Therapy) interventions through individual, group, and family therapy, to support client in achieving therapeutic goals.
PIRC Add On:
- Works in a fast-paced environment conducting risk assessments and using crisis intervention skills as needed.
- Engages in consultation and collaboration with hospital and community professionals and programs in order to develop and communicate a crisis treatment plan for patients and families and provides recommendations for follow-up.
- Experience working with electronic medical record software, such as EPIC, is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Masters' Degree in Social Work or Clinical Mental Health Counseling is required.
- Certification: Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Independent Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor required.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: