Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
On Call - PRN
1st Shift - Monday - Thursday
Onsite Position: Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Applicant must reside in Ohio at the time of offer
Summary:The Social Worker II applies graduate-level clinical social work skills to the psychosocial assessment of individuals, families, and groups and provides graduate-level clinical social work interventions as appropriate to client needs.
Responsibilities:1. Applies graduate-level clinical social work skills to the psychosocial assessment of individuals, families, and groups and provides graduate-level clinical social work interventions as appropriate to client needs.
2. Consults and collaborates with hospital and community professionals and programs, participates in program and organizational assessment, planning, and development according to license guidelines.
3. Seeks professional social work supervision when appropriate for practice or training.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Other duties as required.
Other information:Technical Expertise
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master's degree in Social Work from accredited Social Work academic program is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Social Worker is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: