Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Hybrid, Onsite 3 days/week
The Administrative Director Radiology is responsible for planning and directing the administration, operations, finances, and business development of Radiology operations at Akron Children's Hospital
- Adds value as a key member of management understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
- Manages and evaluates in a manner that meets continuous quality improvement, customer service, programmatic growth and financial requirements that support the mission of Akron Children's Hospital.
- Manages Radiology operations and serves as the Ohio Department of Health IRRP (Individual Responsible for Radiation Protection).Monitors enterprise wide operations to assure compliance with Ohio Department of Health, governmental and other regulations and meets standards established by accrediting agencies and others.
- Consults and collaborates with the Chair of Radiology and supports patient care services. Evaluates plans, organizes, coordinates, and manages implementation of all radiology related activities in the organization.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in healthcare management is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
- PACs, VR, RIS software and systems is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration or related field is required Master's degree is preferred.
- Certification: Graduate of an approved Radiology School, registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and active Radiography Licensure is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 5 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: